Wednesday 14 March 2012

Weight-ing for the weekend

It's finally nearing the end of my week, I go to Uni Monday, Wednesday & Thursday so tomorrow is like my Friday! I'm going out tonight with a friend to TGI Fridays, obviously I'm having everything smothered in Jack Daniels barbeque sauce. I've been on Weight Watchers for a year this month and have lost 2 stones, I still eat naughty food though. What is life without naughty food? I could have lost the remaining 2 stone I need to lose but I'm really not strict enough with myself and I think life is too short to be strict unless you have a serious problem. I still weigh 12 stone (yes I started at 14 omg) but I'm a size 12 and 5'8 so people are quite shocked when I tell them my weight, thats nice to hear!
Weight & body image is something me and my friends disvuss alot. My opinion is that you should be gratefull and happy with what you have, dont compare yourself with others someone else will always have something about them you want. But they probably feel the same way about you! Confidence really does make you a more beautiful person on the outside and makes you feel better than any lipstick or blusher could. I wouldn't say I'm 100% happy (would love skinnier legs, flatter stomach, thicker hair, bluer eyes...) but I'm 99% happy, and that doesn't make you big headed or full of yourself, you NEED to love yourself... You're going to have to live with yourself for the rest of your life!

2 comments:

Thedreamsofanizzyinabigwildworld:) said...

great post I completely agree, body image is such a huge thing nowadays :)

Carly said...

I'm really glad that you're blogging again! I love reading your posts.
xxx